Making the most of an annual insurance review
When was the last time you reviewed your insurance?
Was it when you got married, had a baby, started your own business, retired, added a pet to your family, sent a kid off to college, finished your basement? Believe it or not, your insurance is probably out-of-date and it is time for a review. As a good rule of thumb, when there’s a change in your life, more likely than not, your insurance will need to change, too. And, that means it’s time to give us a call.
An annual review is really a good idea for a number of reason.
- If there is some sort of property loss, you’ll want your policy to be up-to-date to ensure that you’re covered.
- We’ll go over specific details about your life and insurance policies to make sure that all your needs are met.
- With life changes, such as going to work for yourself, retiring or getting married there could very well be something that you haven’t covered.
I’m here to help you through the process. Here are a few things you can do to be sure you get the most from your next insurance review.
To make sure we cover everything bring information on all of your cars, home, life insurance (if you have it), work coverage. All aspects of your life that might need additional insurance protection.
I know insurance-speak can be confusing so don’t be hesitant to ask questions about your policies. The bottom line is that you should understand what you’re paying for.
Think in scenarios
Insurance is there to protect you during the “what-ifs.” What if my tree falls on a neighbor’s fence? What if something happens to you and your family needs that life insurance policy? What if you get sick do you have the right coverage? And, of course, if you own a business there are a range of scenarios to think about. Let’s talk about these “what-if” to learn more about your insurance and be confident in what risks your policy covers.
Don’t be afraid of this type of review
Part of the value of your policy is that it comes with me, your insurance agent. And, I’m here to help you understand your policy, while making sure that you have proper coverage at the best price. When you finish your review, you will be in a better position because your insurance will reflect your current needs, you’ll have a better understanding of your policies and you may even save a buck or two along the way.
- Long-term Health Benefits of Physical Activity
- How to Trim Down Hidden Costs of Flying
- Best foods for hydration
- How to Experience Positive Aging (8 Tips)
- How to Improve Your Health: The 5 Main Aspects of Wellness
- How much should you actually have in savings?
- Are you underinsured for your circumstances?
- How to Build Sustainable Wealth
- How to Maintain Our Body
- Enhancing Resilience as We Age
- The Body After 60: Overcoming Barriers to Exercise
- The best herbs to grow for beginners
- Foods you had no idea you could freeze
- Is celebrating your 100th birthday no longer a dream?
- Medicare and Medicaid: Dual eligibility
- Summer Workouts for Your Dose of Vitamin D
- Navigating Medicare Part D: A Comprehensive Guide to Prescription Drug Coverage
- What’s Keeping You from Losing Weight?
- Individual Health Insurance in 2023: Navigating Choices for Personalized Coverage
- Medicare in 2023: Advancements, Challenges, and the Future
- Music and Your Wellbeing
- Your NEW Social Security Statement
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications
- Smart Home Systems: Promoting a Comfortable Environment for Seniors
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- How Life Insurance Benefits Women
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Coverage for healthcare treatment denied? Here's what you can do.
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Buying Life Insurance for an Elderly Parent?
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Buying Health Insurance: A Millennial’s Guide
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- Happy Hannukah!
- Five Health “Hacks” For Happy Holidays
- It’s Tax Season! Are You Ready?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Life Insurance
- February is American Heart Month: We want you to take it to heart
- Start the year with a review of your insurance coverage needs
- Apps to help you manage your time and productivity
- Making the most of an annual insurance review